Monday, May 14, 2012

My thoughts on "The Avengers"...


So apparently, I'm crucified in person for having a fucking opinion about the movie that doesn't match what everyone else is saying. So to start, fuck you if you don't like what I have to say. Although the movie was good, it wasn't as great as it was hyped up to be. It had it's great and funny moments, I will give it that. And I got the story they were telling. But I feel they took too long to get there. Fine, give me your argument that it's broken box office records, and blah blah blah. Well, fucking yeah it did. It was only the most anticipated movie awaiting release. Oh, and people are going more than once to watch it? Ok, let me stop you right there a second.

  1. Why? Why do people do that?? Especially within days of seeing it the first time around? I never understood that. Especially when just to go see a movie nowadays, you have to take out a second mortgage. And let's not even go into the unnecessary 3-D. Leave that to Universal Studios at the theme parks. I don't need accessories to watch a fucking movie.
  2. The high probability that people are going to see the movie again for the action and graphics (aka eye candy) and not for the storyline are pretty high. Again, I won't lie, the eye candy was pretty intense in some parts.

So, people are going more than once to watch it you say. Well, then that would explain the reason for breaking box office records. Can't pay your rent? Doesn't matter, saw "The Avengers" 8 times. Bravo.
But again, I'm not knocking the movie. Things were done right. The Hulk, for starts, was finally on point. I was a little turned off when I heard that Ruffalo was playing Banner. But he turned out to deliver the role. And the graphic designers managed to keep The Hulk looking similar to his human self and not like some down-syndrome flubber mutant.
All-in-all, "The Avengers" was ok. Please put your hate mail in your diary because I frankly don't give a shit.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, wah wah wah... although it's tru that I used in my blog something my wife had once said -- and simply because I couldn't recall if it was her that said it -- it doesn't take away from the fact that "The Avengers" wasn't all as great as people made it out to be.

      Delete
  2. Forgetting what I said and the exact moments I said it?!?!?

    FUTON!!!!

    ReplyDelete